1. My Windows Media Player isn't able to play formats like .aac, .mp4, .m4a, .m4b and .3gp. Will X Codec Pack add support for them?
We suggest you to install Orban AAC/aacPlus Player Plugin.
2. I'm not able to play Flash / FLV files through my (Internet Explorer/Firefox/Safari/Opera) browser. Does X Codec Pack help me to solve this problem?
We suggest you to install Adobe Flash Player.
3. I’m unable to play .ram files even after X Codec Pack’s installation. What to do?
If the latest version of X Codec Pack didn’t solve the problem, here is a workaround:
Open Media Player Classic – HC, then go to Options -> Player -> Formats.
Then scroll down to “Real Media (rm ram rmm)”. Behind it, you should see “RealMedia”. If you “DirectShow” is selected, then click on it and change it to “RealMedia”. This is the default setting, so normally you don’t need to change anything else.
4. Does X Codec Pack run correctly with Windows 8?
Yes. If you encounter problems, please report them.
5. I am using Internet Explorer with no restrictions set anywhere in IE, all cokies are allowed, every settings are enabled but I also get the error message that I need to enable cookies. What to do?
If you are unable to download from our server, use this mirror provided be codecs.com:
6. Can i use X Codec Pack in a commercial environment?
Yes, you can as long as you don't sell it and respect the GPL license.